Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I was able to do my 3 mile route 40 seconds faster than normal!



Today was the official start of the 12 week challenge. I have been so excited for this challenge and all of the new information I am going to gain. To kick start my own motivation, I decided to start my day with a morning jog over waiting until evening when I am usually faced with 100s of excuses such as being too tired, too late/dark to do anything outside, etc. I pushed myself a little harder than I normally do and it felt amazing. I was able to do my 3 mile route 40 seconds faster than normal! I have only taken my 3 mile route a couple times and usually opt for the shorter route which is 2 miles; so, to push myself that extra mile and cut the time down felt awesome! Tomorrow I meet with Michelle at the Y where I am hoping to learn various ways to exercise that can be tailored to my body and physical abilities. My overall goals for this challenge are to learn how to make healthy food choices, exercise more consistently and lose 20 more pounds to be really close to the healthy weight I should be at.
Feeling excited,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment