Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I can't control everything



Laurie:
 
16 Oct - As I sit here this morning, I realize that while I have conflicts for my time that I can’t control, I can control my food intake.  I was thinking about what Joleene said about emotional eating and making food choices that are rational rather than automatic and I think I have done alright the last week.  While it has been a stressful week, I had lots of fresh food in the house and not only did I eat right, so did my guests.

Making time to exercise has been quite a chore!  Seriously. The last time I worked out was Wednesday of last week and I really needed to relieve some energy.  Yesterday after work I did my 3.5 mile urban trek (55 minutes, lost some ground) and it was dark by the time I made it home. Shower, dinner, time with my family and then it is bed, the day is over.  

Up this morning I was going to try to go to the Y, but realized there would not be enough time before I had to be to work, so I was going to go after work.  A quick check of my email reminded me of the healthy eating class at 5 tonight, shoot! No Y today and no urban trekking either.

But this is not a failure, I cannot control everything, but I can choose what I eat and with that small success, I have made a change.
--
Laurie Davidson Donohue

No comments:

Post a Comment