Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Taking baby steps



Michelle:
It's been a long week! When the program first started I thought I could just jump right in and change everything overnight! WRONG! I have had to take a step back and start taking baby steps. At first I thought, well I can go the next 12 weeks without indulging at all. Yeah that didn't happen. I just made myself crave all those things even more. I have decided that I can indulge once in a while but with moderation.



I have made some positive changes. I love going to the Y. I haven't done any of the fitness classes but I have enjoyed going in and working out on my own as well as with Michelle Graham (who is so motivating). I also eat out a LOT less. We ate out like 3 times a week before, now it's maybe once a week. I have incorporated foods from our cooking demonstration into my diet as well, before I ate oatmeal for breakfast every day, now it's breakfast quinoa. I really didn't know what the glycemic index was prior to going to the Wetterhahns. There are so many foods I thought were really good for me and I could totally chow down on that are actually quite high on the index.



So I'm doing the baby steps thing and setting new goals for myself every week. My goal for next week is a 15 minute mile on the treadmill. It used to take me 30 minutes to get there, now I'm at about 19 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment