Saturday, October 5, 2013

I also met my week goal of getting to the gym three times.




William Feather said, "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
Thank you again stranger, who isn’t really a stranger I’ve discovered. These are the perfect way to begin my blog entries I have decided and I hope that you don’t mind.
I know the point of this program isn’t to focus on numbers, but aside from feeling better about you, we will not be able to gauge our heart health until we meet with Regina in 11 weeks now.
I have a fancy scale that measures total weight, fat in pounds, percentage of fat and BMI.  So here are my numbers from Monday through Friday. 
-1.3 pounds from total weight, -1.9 from fat pounds, -4% of fat, and -.2 from my BMI. 
From now on I will use the number from Friday, but Monday was the official start day.  What does this mean?  I gained some muscle! 
I also met my week goal of getting to the gym three times. I went to a RIP class (taught by Michelle) and Stacy and Chelsea were there!  This class is the place to be because it was PACKED.  Everyone was so nice offering to give me their stuff, make room for me, etc (which speaks volumes about the YMCA. I have NEVER experienced anything like that in any other place).  I thought for sure my thighs were going to burst into a flames a few times and my arms were going to fall out of their sockets. At the end of the class, we were just going to do “some abs” she said, it’ll be fun she said.  I already barely escaped death and now this?!  I didn’t think I had abs, but apparently I do because they still hurt.
The rowing machine is awful, but I think it might be my new favorite.  It’s only as hard as you make it. 
My no soda goal?  I met it 95%.  I saw this man with a can and it was hot and the can was sweating and it look so delicious so I got one, but when I drank it (only about a 1/3) I realized it wasn’t that good and it made my teeth feel weird.  My second fail was I drank about 6 sips from a fountain soda and then I dumped it on the ground.  I am on my way. 
I went to the cider mill yesterday before work to get apples, went in and paid and bought no donuts!  I swear I smelled like them, so I went in and got 6 to take to work and share.  They were warm and delicious..sorry not sorry.  I don’t eat them every day!  The apples I got are so good; they have about 12 different kinds right now! 
I also went to Old Forge yesterday with some friends (Grasshopper was one of them) and we went on a fall foliage train ride, which was beautiful, and then we went to an amazing Italian place called Frankie’s.  Since I consider Friday to be the start of the weekend..
The weekend is where I often struggle the most with food. There’s no schedule in place and you are free to do as you please.  Today being Saturday is no different!  The difference is I am logging it so I know exactly how I am doing.  I have the rest of the evening to keep myself in check and I have to work tomorrow so I will be scheduled. 
I am going to set aside some time to look at the group exercise schedules and schedule my Y time.  Michelle is so encouraging and proud of me, that I have to keep seeing her!  Plus, I’d be crazy not to take advantage. 
I missed the call with Joleene and am anxiously awaiting her to post the recording. 
This struggle is real, that’s for sure. Sometimes I feel crazy for the pep talks I have with myself.  You can’t wish for someone to want it for you, you have to want it for yourself. 

Shawna


No comments:

Post a Comment