Sunday, October 6, 2013

I like the feeling that I’ve worked my muscles



Well, the first week of the BetterU Challenge is completed.  Can’t believe how quickly it went.  I made it to the Y three days and walked on my own one day.  My body hasn’t seen that much activity in years, and it’s reminding me of that today… legs and shoulders are quite sore (no pain no gain).  I went to the Body Blast class yesterday and really liked the workout.  It’s a fast paced weight class with music.  I like the feeling that I’ve worked my muscles so I’m definitely putting this class on my schedule every week.

As for my eating habits, I still need some work in that area.  Most days I feel like I’m taking two steps forward and one step back.  However, after our conference call with Joleene on Friday night, I now have some “ammunition” to help me fight those urges of having desserts and sweets.  She told us to ask ourselves, “Is this who I really am?  Is this who I really want to be?”  The choice is ours to make in order to change our behavior.  As Joleene said, “Change doesn’t happen unless we decide to do something different.”  I now say these words to myself everyday.

Patricia Hovorka

No comments:

Post a Comment