Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I can do this!

Laurie:



8 Oct - I did 3.5 miles in 52 minutes this morning. It is starting to get chilly out, time to find my ear muffs.  So, concentrating on the diet thing and adding 2 fruits to my day, I started my morning with ⅓ cup of dried cranberries, 0 sodium, 0 cholesterol, 0 fat and 130
calories.  I went over to the store on my lunch and was looking at the fresh fruit, but nothing was looking appealing, so I checked out the canned stuff, when I found these lovely “cups” of mixed fruit. Reading all the labels, I found some in syrup, some in juice and some in water (but they were sweetened with aspartame), it was a single serving and were absolutely delicious, 22 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 0 fat and 80 calories. I can do this!

9 Oct - Yoga day! 

Oh my, that went so much faster today, I thought for sure she had only done maybe 45 minutes tops and it was 11 when I got to my car.  It also went so much better, because I got there early, found a spot in the corner, so I had 2 walls to hold on to.  Why you ask would someone who falls off floors take a class that requires a lot of balance and I would say “That is a good question!”  I did the first couple planks, but then fell back to the modified ones, because my arms “felt the burn.” and I did the one where you stand on one leg and lift the other straight out behind you, but because of good placement, I had a very sturdy wall to cling to!  I am so glad I went back, but we will see how I feel tomorrow. What to have for lunch…..

No comments:

Post a Comment