Monday, October 7, 2013

Walking to the Y



Laurie:

Week 2, ready, set, go! I am going to take advantage of every opportunity offered to me these 12 weeks, because we all need those support systems. I am going to listen and take away positive things from each offering, from every person who is willing to help me succeed and from every person who has gone before me, I hope to build on their successes.

With that said, time to head out to the Y!

I walked to the Y this morning. It was nice out and round trip gives me 2.5 miles, bonus! I got there early, so I went up and used the Rower (10) for a bit, came down and did The E for 15 (6), Arm Rower (4) for 10 and 10 on the Treadmill (3+3), I increased the incline a little so it was more of a trek then a walk, so a good 40 minute work out. I was hoping Michelle would introduce us to something new and as usual she came through!  We got to go through some of the Nautilus weight machines. Awesome!  I thought I was doing well, until I got on the one lifting my arms up above my head, I am pretty sure I need to stick to 2 sets of 5 on that baby!  All in all a good day, a solid hour workout, not even counting my walk down & back.

As I was leaving a wall of black was coming up behind me……
A mile to go……..

Half a mile to go and now it is beside me………
Those last 3 blocks were really, really wet!  But I made it and a hot shower felt even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment