Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Making small manageable changes



September 30, 2013
I started the morning with a nice cry.
 “"Washington Irving said, "There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity." You may not have always "beamed and blazed" in the face of the adversity which you yourself encounter, but you have long stood in the face of adversity for those around. Whether we are your close friends or those who have been privileged to know you and witness how you care for your friends and family, we have always seen a woman with a true heart. It's time for you to apply that to yourself, as you deserve it."
Thank you to the anonymous commenter.  You’ve made an impact on my journey.
Day 1:
I went to bed late knowing I had a 12 hour day in front of me.  That is one of those bad habits I can never seem to get myself out of.  Mornings just aren’t meant for me!  I had intentions of doing some sort of physical activity this morning but my snooze button had other plans.  However, I made breakfast!! When I came back from BLRN, this was a habit that I loved and felt like I needed.  (They told us if we didn’t feed our body within 45-60 minutes of waking up, our body went into starvation mode and starts storing FAT, quite frankly I have enough of that.)
I have only had water today, which is a huge score.  I took my lunch to the park and it was awesome.  I leisure walked a half mile, but that’s better than nothing.

The difficult part is dinner.  After this job, I go to another job from 5-9 and they always have SNACKS.  Not to mention it’s a store where you can purchase them.  We’ll see.

Day 2:
It flew by! However, it was the first day of October I did my first challenge.  Out of BLRN there is a group of people that have been putting up monthly challenges, which has been renamed to Monthly Awesomeness Challenge. Last month was a 1000  burpees and 980 fails by me. This month I believe it is 800 squats and 800 pushups!  25 a day.  However, my trainer from there has a marathon this month so I am doing 26 in her honor.  (I love you guys, thank you for the extra support!!)

Under my calories! I had to have a coffee in the morning. My soda detox has left me feeling like I have a hangover. 

Had to work 5-9 again, mini reeses on the counter.  I had a serving…I wanted to eat the whole bag.  A win, right?

Day 3:
Meeting with Michelle today.  I will continue to call her crazy!  She has so much energy!  Weekly goals established, no soda and logging food.  I will get to the YMCA 3 times this week. 

Had a calzone for lunch, essentially the unhealthiest thing I have had all week.  I paid for it.  I crashed. I felt awful, I could not stay awake! You always forget the effect that food has on your body.  Literally, one bad choice leads to another and my evening was pretty shameful food wise.  I was under my calories, (I keep saying that, I track on myfitnesspal) but only because I went to the Y and walked my dog.  That doesn’t make my bad choices okay.

I cannot forget that.

Our kick off was last Monday and it provided a lot of enthusiasm and excitement for this upcoming challenge.  With the start week this past Monday, I’m looking for more opportunities to revamp that enthusiasm.  I think it is going to take some time to get all 11 of us on some sort of same schedule or event, so we can all get to know each other and really see where each of us struggles.  Generally speaking, we are all there for the same struggle, but have different personal demons keeping us from reaching our personal goal. 

One of most exciting changes this week is a dear friend of mine, known as Grasshopper from this point forward, has agreed to start making small changes with me.  She is logging, swapping soda for water and joining the Y! 

When I did my half, I wrote on my shoes BE INSPIRED and BE INSPIRING.  Don’t think I’m down and out yet, just making small manageable changes! 

Did you write your daily goals down?  

Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment