Thursday, October 31, 2013

Learning to cook in healthy ways

Patty:



Good morning girls. Week 4 started out great: 2 hours of swimming and Hannaford shopping with Nicole Garnsey. She shared so much with us, she's a super dietitian. Thanks so much. 

This morning I tried making quinoa with almond milk. It was my first time using almond milk. I used Dr. Joe's recipe and it was delicious. I hope it will not start something up with my diverticulosis. The complete protein in quinoa can be a meal by itself. Wish me luck.

 I love to cook. I have been cooking for 50 years and have enjoyed Dr. Joe's and Healthy Kitchens Healthy Lives recipes and changing my recipes to heart healthy. You're never too old to learn something new. 

I absolute love the nutrition meeting. I have learned so much. You're never too old to learn. I think it is a big part of the program.

Have a good week. I will be sending you stress for women that came to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment