Thursday, October 10, 2013

Encountering defeats, but focusing on positives



Shawna:

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”  

I check the blog a lot mostly to see if I have any comments because I want to know if I am relatable or not. I re-read this comment and quote and I really needed this today and I thank you.

Here’s the thing, I’ve gone from being known as the trouble maker to the negative nancy.  I don’t know where this is coming from and it is upsetting.  I think that there is a distinct difference, though at times it may be hard to tell, between not wanting to put the work in and being apprehensive about taking on a journey.    

I can self-sabotage myself at any given moment for any length of time and I don’t need anything additional to worry about.  I can’t help but think of how I have been when I have met with people who are volunteering their time and doing us a service.

Let’s focus on some positives. This week has been off the charts horrible (food wise) but this morning I made a conscious decision to take it day by day.  It’s pretty obvious that food is my hugest struggle and I am pretty sure it always will be, but today is good!  (I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning as I did last week and the results of this week will be evident there.)
I was on the elliptical this morning sweating profusely and my heart rate would not go up!  I am obviously getting fitter. (If this is false, please do not correct me.) Also the lady next to me was singing Eye of the Tiger over her Walkman so I felt like Rocky for a second, a short second.

More positives…people told me I did a good job keeping up at Rip!  Always good to hear! And this morning a woman saw me and said I better be there next time!  Yeah, accountability! 

I’m going to either Blue or Bald Mountain this weekend, still to be decided so that’ll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment