Saturday, October 5, 2013

I need to stop rationalizing and trying to sabotage my progress for fear that my progress is not going to be perfect.



I feel like I need to be completely honest with everyone, and mainly myself. I applied for this program because I know that my eating is not totally outrageous but it is far from healthy.  I try to eat healthy, and I usually do well until I get home for the night and that is where I go downhill. I end up eating large portions for my dinner and then rationalize myself half of the time into having some sort of treat whether its ice cream, popcorn (with butter) or the candies that are just laying conveniently in a bowl in the living room. This usually comes because it is available and sounds good, but once I sit down with the bowl of ice cream in front of me, I usually regret that I am about to eat it, but continue anyways. After listening to Joleene tonight, it made me face my real issue and that is that I need to stop rationalizing and trying to sabotage my progress for fear that my progress is not going to be perfect. I genuinely enjoy working out and many forms of exercise and so I have been blogging about that because it is something I am doing well with, but I realized in order to get the full extent of this program I need to be completely honest with  myself and change my eating habits. I am really looking forward to meeting with Nicole in the near future as she is the one I am most in need of. So, as of tonight I am focusing more on my thoughts around food and making eating a conscious decision that I will not regret before I even finish. One of my goals for this week was to integrate more fruits and vegetables into my day by eating at least one each day. So far so good! And I also chose to not eat a treat tonight!
Feeling Determined!
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment