Monday, September 30, 2013

Excited to get going!



Sept 24-Laurie Donohue

Today was the kick-off for the AHA BetterU at Samaritan and I wore a red blouse as asked; as an aside, I love red, it just makes me feel complete. Such a range of girls, all trying to take care of ourselves, the youngest in her twenties and the oldest in her sixties. The professional’s from various organizations really want us to succeed, represented was Samaritan (who is also contributing one of their own to join us!), they are providing all of the blood testing at the beginning and end, no small donation.  YMCA who is giving each of us a three month free membership at either “Y” location AND a personal trainer who will help us set up an acheivable training program (score!). Nicole Garnsey from Feed the Soul will be meeting with each of us to discuss nutrition and take us shopping to show sustainable alternatives to eating better. Gina Wetterhahn is providing all of the screenings in office, beginning and end.  And of course all of the wonderful people from AHA, who are spend countless hours coordinating all of us with all of them!

I was really excited to be chosen and after the meeting today, I am even more excited to get going, I went and bought some fresh fruit (ugh) and salad fixin’s, then I came home and knocked out 2.5 miles in 42 minutes. Not my best, but it was time to start moving again, all movement is life, breathe……..

No comments:

Post a Comment