Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Grandchildren and a 5K

Patty:

I just realized I haven't blog in a while. I have been very busy. My grandchildren were here for 6 days. I'm still recovering! It's just the best to be a grandmother. I had lots of fun. My daughter and granddaughter noticed I lost weight, which always makes you feel better.

I loved Nicole's session on getting through the holidays. I always learn something new. I have added Y time. I hope to see Michelle this week about kettle weights and maybe another machine. I'm still swimming and walking and running 3-4 miles daily.

My big thing this week is I will complete the 5k. I was going to just walk because of my sciatic pain down my right leg but I got to 2miles and felt good so I completed the 5k. I was the oldest woman. I think there was a 70 year old man before me. I love running and finished a marathon at age 53. I know I could in the pool so much easier but 5k is ok for me.

This month is our last month but I have learned life long lessons to live  a heart-healthy  life. Thank you American Heart Association. I have been very lucky for 45 years. I have been in a profession of caring for others. It gives life it's deepest most significant meaning. It makes me feel good about myself even when times are bad. That's what keeps me going. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment