Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Achieving Thanksgiving goals



Chelsea:

So, last night I was reflecting on my Thanksgiving weekend and the goals that I had set for myself with Michelle. My first goal was to do the 5k run through the Y on Thanksgiving morning....And I'm excited to report that I ran the whole 5k in just over 34 minutes!! This is HUGE for me, as I never thought I would be able to run 3 miles let alone in a decent time frame :-) I never started running until April of this year and really was able to take hold of it after Michelle challenged me to stop being afraid of the treadmill!! My second goal was to bring a healthy addition to Thanksgiving dinner since I always just attend holiday dinners. So, I made up a hearty tossed salad and brought fat free salad dressing. (I'm not a huge cook yet). My third goal was to get in 3-4 workouts during the week of Thanksgiving, which I also was able to accomplish! Lastly, my fourth goal was to maintain my weight, not to lose or to gain just maintain. And I did!! I weighed exactly the same as I did the last time I weighed myself!

I am so grateful for this opportunity to continue my weight loss journey and to take it to the next level of learning new information on food, eating and exercise.

Feeling accomplished,
Chelsea   

No comments:

Post a Comment