Thursday, November 21, 2013

The pieces are coming together



Laurie:
 
21 Nov - It has been a long time since I blogged and as we draw close to the end of our 12 weeks, I have been practicing what I want to say over & over in my head.  I finally decided the best way was to keep it simple:

Six years ago I got up one morning and lit a cigarette, took one puff and threw it out. I quit, just like that.  I didn’t want to be that woman.

Four years ago I eliminated beer and alcohol from my diet. I quit. I didn’t want to do that anymore.

Two years ago I realized I had no cardio endurance and started walking. It was free, I could do it anywhere, anytime. I wanted to breath.

This last year I have started looking at my diet and the choices I make and how could I change my eating habits.

Then I was invited to join this program.

At week eight I made a self realization. I did not have addictions to cigarettes or alcohol or nail biting, I had habits! Addictions are not something you quit, they are something you fight. I on the other hand had just walked away and never had a moment of challenge after.  

I think the first call with Joleene, when she explained about repeating a new life choice until it became instinct was the start.

The store walk through with Nicole, where she showed what I should really be looking for in my food choices, clarified what I had been trying to understand.

I feel like the pieces of a puzzle are coming together, like I almost have the answer……….

No comments:

Post a Comment